Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Finishing thoughts..

The final day for the mural was the 10Th. I worked 10-2:30. 2:30 is the time I painted on the beautiful Roman numeral clock on the Court house. I started the day correcting the domes on the court house, additional shading on the trees, and a check of the roof. My thoughts here where to insure the painting had a clean edge if ever seen from the air. I borrowed an extension ladder from Doc and climbed up with paint in hand. I was able to terminate the mural at the mid point of the wall capped tiles. I also was able to borrow some paint thinner to clean up a blob left from primer on the brick at the left of the wall. Isn't funny how little things bother people. I also find it funny how little things can make such a difference. With my epoxy, I attached my token worn out paint brush and signed on the bottom left.

List of wonderful things that occurred in the duration of project:
-Husband celebrated 47 Th Birthday
-became a Granny to beautiful Berklee Elyse
-received the honor of Gourd Queen at Cullman Gourd Festival
-became a Great-Aunt to Madison
-N.W. AL Arts Council raised enough fund for Moulding Hands, Hearts and Minds( children program) at the Hamilton Fall Festival.
-Father had stints put in. ( Problem corrected before an Heart Attack)
-Father celebrated 61st Birthday 11-10-08 date of completion.
-Having lunch with the wonderful group of Ladies at Becky's.
-Parents visiting me at the wall and taking me to Lisa's for lunch.
-making so many new interesting friends.
-achieved one heck of a farmers tan.

I truly feel blessed. I appreciate every ones well-wishes and kind words regarding my work. This was my largest project to date...12' X 75'. I amazed myself by keeping focused with so much happening. I look forward to creating the next one.

Thursday the 13Th I'm scheduled to meet with Crystal at the Paper. I will take photos to post then of the finished wall. ( I'm unable to get them off my phone at the moment) I appreciate Mayor Nelson and the City workers for being so helpful. Fayette is a wonderful, incredible town.

No comments: